To all YK1 families: The GNWT's COVID-19 At-Home Student Screening Pilot Program is being implemented to allow for th...
It's Election Day! Voters can cast ballots for the YK1 and YCS Trustee Elections at either the YK1 District Office (5402...
To all YK1 families: Attached is a joint communique from Yellowknife Education District No. 1, Yellowknife Catholic S...
As an education body, Yellowknife Education District No. 1 (YK1) recognizes the importance of having a vision and plan f...
Have questions about how to use Google Classroom or Google Meet? Click here to access a variety of tutorial videos to he...
To all YK1 & YCS families: Today (October 12, 2021) is the last day to cast a ballot as part of the advance vote fo...
N.J. Macpherson School is a Junior Kindergarten to Grade 5 school. Our school grew out of the need for the growing population of Frame Lake South. During the first three years (1985-1988), while planning and construction of the facility took place, school was held in four portable classrooms on the site. August 30, 1988 marked the first day of classes in the almost completed building, and on September 23, 1988 we honoured Norm Macpherson and his widow in an official opening ceremony. The expanding population of the area led to the construction of a five-room addition in 1990. In 2009, we added another three classrooms in our portable to accomodate our growing numbers. In the fall of 1998, we celebrated N.J.'s 10th anniversary with the introduction of our mascot, Mac, the Scottie dog, and the gift of a school flag from our Parent Advisory Committee. Our new school song, "Hey, Hey, I Go to N.J.!" has become a hit in the city! We sing it at our assembly! Make sure you learn the words so you can join in with gusto!
- Administrative Assistant & Finance
- Kelln, Natalie
- Kowalzik, Landon - Principal
- Caines, Randy - Assistant Principal/ Physical Education
- Junior Kindergarten
- Faulkner, Karen - Montessori
- Kravitz, Jennifer
- Teachers - Kindergarten
- Duinker, Heather - Montessori
- Doherty, Christal
- Power, Sarah - Art/ Physical Education
- Skyers, Brooks - Core French
- Daly, Sean - Fine Arts
- Teachers - Elementary
- Moran, Marilyn - Grade 1
- Bannister, Sarah - Grade 1/2 Montessori
- Hendrix, Stephanie - Grade 1/2 Montessori
- Atagan-Okpalugo, Jonelle - Grade 2
- Wotten, Seth - Grade 2
- Budgell, Victoria - Grade 1/2/3 Montessori
- Kirby, Andrea - Grade 2/3
- Bourgoin, Abigail - Grade 3/4 Montessori
- Gomez, Claudia - Grade 3/4
- Hans, Maureen - Grade 4
- Eby, Laura - Grade 4/5 Montessori
- Pickles, Mike - Grade 5
- Wong, Helen - Grade 5
- Educational Assistants
- Gilmour, Andrew - Librarian
- Ashlie, Dawn-Marie
- McCabe, Nicole
- Mercredi, Hayley
- Naidoo, John
- Ncube, Sanelena
- Pfupa, Sibusisiwe
- Reed, Diana
- Shaw, Barb
- Shaw, Jessica
- Snyder, Terri
- Stewart, Rankin
- Taggart, Kristy
- Wright, Nadine
- Student Services
- MacNeil, Kelsey - Program Support Teacher
- Therrien, Jennifer - Program Support Teacher
- Weegar, Sheila - Program Support Teacher