Are you interested in running for YK1’s Board of Trustees, or know someone who is? YK1 is hosting a virtual informatio...
The Board of Trustees of Yellowknife Education District No. 1 will hold its next meeting on June 8, 2021. Time:...
To all YK1 families: The RCMP's Internet Child Exploitation (ICE) unit has partnered with The White Hatter company to...
The Birchbark Discovery Centre is seeking to intake students from Grades 1 to 6 for the 2021-2022 school year. The mult...
Yellowknife Education District No. 1 (YK1) is pleased to announce that How Frog Brought Winter, a loving tribute to the...
To all YK1 families: The Office of the Chief Public Health Officer (OCPHO) is providing new guidance for screening and...
N.J. Macpherson School is a Junior Kindergarten to Grade 5 school. Our school grew out of the need for the growing population of Frame Lake South. During the first three years (1985-1988), while planning and construction of the facility took place, school was held in four portable classrooms on the site. August 30, 1988 marked the first day of classes in the almost completed building, and on September 23, 1988 we honoured Norm Macpherson and his widow in an official opening ceremony. The expanding population of the area led to the construction of a five-room addition in 1990. In 2009, we added another three classrooms in our portable to accomodate our growing numbers. In the fall of 1998, we celebrated N.J.'s 10th anniversary with the introduction of our mascot, Mac, the Scottie dog, and the gift of a school flag from our Parent Advisory Committee. Our new school song, "Hey, Hey, I Go to N.J.!" has become a hit in the city! We sing it at our assembly! Make sure you learn the words so you can join in with gusto!
- Administrative Assistant & Finance
- Kelln, Natalie
- Kowalzik, Landon - Principal
- Caines, Randy - Assistant Principal/ Physical Education
- Junior Kindergarten
- Faulkner, Karen - Montessori
- Kravitz, Jennifer
- Teachers - Kindergarten
- Duinker, Heather - Montessori
- Last-Beresford, Emily - Montessori
- Doherty, Christal
- Power, Sarah - Art/ Physical Education
- Skyers, Brooks - Core French
- Daly, Sean - Fine Arts
- Teachers - Elementary
- Mercredi, Rachelle - Grade 1
- Moran, Marilyn - Grade 1
- Atagan-Okpalugo, Jonelle - Grade 1/2
- Hendrix, Stephanie - Grade 1/2 Montessori
- Budgell, Victoria - Grade 1/2/3 Montessori
- Kirby, Andrea - Grade 2/3
- Digness, Laura - Grade 3/4
- Stride, Madison - Grade 3/4 Montessori
- Carlson, Kristina - Grade 4/5
- Hans, Maureen - Grade 4/5
- Waterhouse, Susan - Grade 4/5
- Eby, Laura - Grade 4/5 Montessori
- Educational Assistants
- Gilmour, Andrew - Librarian
- Ashlie, Dawn-Marie
- Mercredi, Hayley
- Mtatiro, Samantha
- Naidoo, John
- Peters, Monica
- Shaw, Barb
- Snyder, Terri
- Taggart, Kristy
- Wright, Nadine
- Student Services
- Murray, Sarah - Program Support Teacher
- Therrien, Jennifer - Program Support Teacher
- Weegar, Sheila - Program Support Teacher