To all YK1 families: Child and youth care counsellors (CYCCs) are available to support families by phone and video. CYC...
The Board of Trustees of Yellowknife Education District No. 1 will hold its next meeting on May 11, 2021. Time:...
To all YK1 parents: The Government of the Northwest Territories (GNWT) has announced the expansion of its COVID-19 vacc...
To all N.J. Macpherson School families: During this challenging time, we want to make sure that everyone is taking care...
May 5, 2021 is the National Day of Awareness for Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women, Girls and 2SLGBTQQIA+ (Two Spiri...
To all N.J. Macpherson School families: Public Health is adding an extra shuttle beginning at 12:30 p.m. today (May 5...
N.J. Macpherson School is a Junior Kindergarten to Grade 5 school. Our school grew out of the need for the growing population of Frame Lake South. During the first three years (1985-1988), while planning and construction of the facility took place, school was held in four portable classrooms on the site. August 30, 1988 marked the first day of classes in the almost completed building, and on September 23, 1988 we honoured Norm Macpherson and his widow in an official opening ceremony. The expanding population of the area led to the construction of a five-room addition in 1990. In 2009, we added another three classrooms in our portable to accomodate our growing numbers. In the fall of 1998, we celebrated N.J.'s 10th anniversary with the introduction of our mascot, Mac, the Scottie dog, and the gift of a school flag from our Parent Advisory Committee. Our new school song, "Hey, Hey, I Go to N.J.!" has become a hit in the city! We sing it at our assembly! Make sure you learn the words so you can join in with gusto!
- Administrative Assistant & Finance
- Kelln, Natalie
- Kowalzik, Landon - Principal
- Caines, Randy - Assistant Principal/ Physical Education
- Junior Kindergarten
- Faulkner, Karen - Montessori
- Kravitz, Jennifer
- Teachers - Kindergarten
- Duinker, Heather - Montessori
- Last-Beresford, Emily - Montessori
- Doherty, Christal
- Power, Sarah - Art/ Physical Education
- Skyers, Brooks - Core French
- Daly, Sean - Fine Arts
- Teachers - Elementary
- Mercredi, Rachelle - Grade 1
- Moran, Marilyn - Grade 1
- Atagan-Okpalugo, Jonelle - Grade 1/2
- Hendrix, Stephanie - Grade 1/2 Montessori
- Budgell, Victoria - Grade 1/2/3 Montessori
- Kirby, Andrea - Grade 2/3
- Digness, Laura - Grade 3/4
- Stride, Madison - Grade 3/4 Montessori
- Carlson, Kristina - Grade 4/5
- Hans, Maureen - Grade 4/5
- Waterhouse, Susan - Grade 4/5
- Eby, Laura - Grade 4/5 Montessori
- Educational Assistants
- Gilmour, Andrew - Librarian
- Ashlie, Dawn-Marie
- Mercredi, Hayley
- Mtatiro, Samantha
- Naidoo, John
- Peters, Monica
- Shaw, Barb
- Snyder, Terri
- Taggart, Kristy
- Wright, Nadine
- Student Services
- Murray, Sarah - Program Support Teacher
- Therrien, Jennifer - Program Support Teacher
- Weegar, Sheila - Program Support Teacher